- 56 x 68 inches, 100% cotton
- One of a kind stylish throw, wall-hanging, or baby quilt
- Shibori and hand-painted paste resist patterns dyed with indigo
- Hand-stitched, lightweight quilt
- Handmade with love in Providence, Rhode Island
When I first started Mata Quilts, I ran out of fabric I brought back from India, so I began dyeing my own. This piece is made from my early experiments in shibori techniques and hand-painted resist dyeing. The free-style top-stitching in this quilt makes it one of my favorites. This is a very eco-friendly quilt, using indigo dye on repurposed 100% cotton fabric and finished with decorative tassels along edges that use up all the scraps–nothing was wasted! And for a bonus, the zig-zag dyed back side might be just as pretty as the front.
Care: Hand wash (recommended), dry clean, or machine wash cold, gentle cycle, separately and with mild soap. Line dry.
Please note, fifth and sixth images show the reverse side of this quilt
1 in stock